Thursday, November 2, 2006

We get the nicest letters. . . . about weddings at the Hawthorne Hotel

Yesterday I received a copy of the following letter. It is self-explanatory. It made our day, made us blush madly, and now will make our Wedding Blog.

I hope you enjoy this slice of life at the Hawthorne Hotel.

Juli


Dear Christine,

I am so sorry it has taken me over four months to write this note to you. But I wanted to take the time to write down all of my thoughts and make it clear, that George and I had an amazing wedding day and it is due to you, Britony, and your entire staff. You made the planning of our wedding painless and fun!!

Our wedding was amazing. As I stated above, it has been over four months and our guests are still talking about how fantastic the reception was. The food and cake were outstanding, the ballroom was absolutely beautiful, the flowers were gorgeous, and the staff went above and beyond in every way.

Christine, you were a dream to work with. The moment we walked into the lobby and met with you, we knew we wanted to have our reception at the Hawthorne Hotel. You talked us through every step of the process. You patiently listened to our concerns, you helped us make educated decisions, and you made sure that all of our needs and requests were met. You made planning our wedding easy for us!!

George and I wanted to have a 10 minute slideshow presentation put to music that would play during dinner. We had a large wedding with a small amount of room left over in the ballroom. But you, Britony, and the staff made it work and those 10 minutes were the highlight of the evening and something that George and I as well as our guests will not soon forget.

Britony was organized and fun. Thanks to her professionalism and expertise the whole night ran smoothly and on time. You were there when we needed you, and you were always one step ahead of us. Thank you.

It was the little things that made our reception so special. An example of this is that I didn’t really get a chance to eat even though we were the first served. When I did get a chance to sit down for a few minutes Britony brought me a fresh warm plate of food. That was so nice and something that I will always remember. It is a small act like that, that sets you apart from other venues.

We have been to several weddings over the last four months and we, as well as some of our guests, agree that our reception at the Hawthorne was the best. We are biased, but our guests are not!! The fact that our guests are still talking about and comparing other weddings to our wedding speaks volumes about the Hawthorne and the entire staff.

Thank you again for making our wedding day so memorable and wonderful. George and I look forward to celebrating many anniversaries at the Hawthorne Hotel in the future.

Warmly,


Mary and George S