Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Better Late Than Never -- A Lovely Thank You and Photos

We just received these photos and the accompanying note you can read below. We thought you would enjoy learning just how satisfied these guests were with their wedding at the historic Hawthorne Hotel.

Juli
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bridesmaids at the Grandmother window overlooking the Grand Ballroom.


The shadow.

A fitting tribute.

An almost formal photo in our "photo room", the Pickman Room.

Dear Karen, Kelly, Christine, Britony, and the rest of the Hawthorne catering/event department:

This note comes exactly 7 months and 20 days overdue, but none the less, I wanted to thank you for all the work you did helping make our July 3rd wedding a wonderful, memorable day.

Leading up to the wedding, everyone was so helpful in putting together the details so that I didn't have to worry about them-- from arranging a private tasting for me, to helping me pick out hors d'oeuvres long distance over the phone, to walking me through the "homework" I forgot to do-- I always had help, guidance, and personal attention.And the personal care did not fade, even through the wedding day!

My event planner Britony went above-and-beyond the call of duty. Not only did she have the whole day exquisitely planned and have everything executed perfectly, but she actually came to the rescue when disaster struck! A guest spilled red wine on the back of my dress while hugging me in the receiving line, and before I knew it, Britony was crouched down behind me blotting my dress with club soda for what must have been at least 15 or 20 minutes (as if she didn't have a million other things to do). She was a life saver!

I really could not have asked for a better environment or staff for our wedding day.I have attached some pictures that I think accentuate unique parts of the Hawthorne and that I think you'll enjoy seeing.

We had the greatest day of our lives, and we can't wait to come back and celebrate at the Hawthorne again soon!

With our gratitude,

Moriah and David