Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daniela and Craig Elope to Kayelily's Wedding Garden in Raleigh!

Daniela called me from her home in Virginia on April 5th wanting to know if I could officiate her wedding to Craig at the Brazilian steakhouse at Brier Creek on April 16, 2011. I told her I was available in the morning of that Saturday and she was thrilled. Later she called back and said that the restaurant wanted to charge them for the private room and could I suggest an inexpensive location for the ceremony nearby. I told her about my wedding garden in N. Raleigh which is about 15 minutes from Brier Creek. She jumped on it and we started working on the ceremony. The day arrived--wet and a bit chilly--with an ominous forecast. Little did we know there were going to be tornadoes touching down later that afternoon--and I had 3 more weddings to go that day!  
When they arrived with Craig's parents from Wilson NC and some friends and relatives, it was off and on a misty rain. After discussing the option of doing the ceremony in my living room, we decided to risk it outside and quickly set up the computer and skype on a bench nearby so that Daniela's parents in Brazil could be with us via the internet. I set an umbrella over it to protect it from any sudden rain.
 We got started right away in case it started really raining and made it all the way through.
Daniela and Craig met on line through the dating website: Plenty of Fish. Craig lives outside Wilson and Daniela lives in Virginia but will be relocating to NC soon. Craig's parents and some friends came to the ceremony.
 Celebrating with a kiss!
 Here they are, married, husband and wife!
Time for some photos. This is the couple with Craig's parents.
Daniela with her parents! 
Daniela and Craig, it was my pleasure to marry you and get you started on your journey together. Go forth in love, peace and joy!